Tuesday

Get Rid Of Mice : My Solution

If you've now succeeded in stopping mice from entering your home, the next step is eliminating those still inside before they breed out of control.

After not having any success with my previous pest control attempts, I wasn't as confident in being able to get rid of mice in my home. A quick google search revealed many products – most were a variation on traps I already owned, except one - Rat Zapper.

I was a little skeptical that I was spending money on a potentially useless device, but I was just so frustrated over the thought of mice roaming around the house while I slept, that $50 now seemed a reasonable investment. Besides, what started as a potential mouse in the basement, soon became droppings in my kitchen – things were clearly getting worse. And I was now losing sleep over this!

I ordered online to speed delivery, and the first night I positioned the trap in the basement and baited it with pet food pellets, but didn't turn it on (according to the directions). The next morning, all the food was gone. Before leaving for the day I re-baited the trap, but this time, turned it on. Could getting rid of mice really be this easy ?

I've felt most claims regarding products were usually exaggerated. To my surprise, when I returned home, the indicator light was blinking - I had finally gotten rid of a mouse! Not knowing how many remained, and feeling the excitement of finally getting some results, I re-baited the Rat Zapper and started to make dinner. Within an hour - another one gone! - I got rid of 3 mice in the next 2 days and haven't seen another one since.

The Rat Zapper requires 4 “D” batteries, and states you'll get up to 30 mice before they need replacing – I sure hope you never need to find out. I especially appreciate how humane and clean the device is. There was no gross mess, and disposal meant there was nothing to touch – just dump the mouse into a baggie, then into the trash. Problem solved!

No comments: